Friday, January 12, 2007

January 11 2004 Lila was born at last! She took her time getting here causing me enough discomfort to feel like labor but not enough to land a bed in the hospital for THREE days!! Anyways that January we had record low temps way way below zero with wind and the day she was born it warmed up to about zero degrees. I cannot believe it has been three years. No more diapers,bottles, pacifiers. You would think I wouldn't be sad and I am not but she is a little girl now and NOT a baby at all.

Lila had fun yesterday with all her friends from daycare. Her favorite thing to say when she is mad at you is "fine you not coming to my happy birthday" Well I guess she doesn't mean it of course because she had so much fun playing games, eating cake and opening and playing with her presents.

4 comments:

heather said...

awwwwwwww those pictures are so adorable! happy birthday Lila! =)

Kate G said...

I doubled up on christmas presents this year so I wouldn't feel so bad about missing all of your kids birthdays... I still feel bad. She so cute. Ya know, she's my favorite... but I do tell them all that don't I? Thank you for the pictoral update. I'll have to send you footage of Wades birthday bash....

Alicia said...

Yes We know how bad 30 SUCKS .....

Misty Lee said...

3 years!! I can't believe it either!!! Time flies by so quickly!!

Ky was born that same year.(3 days before Lila) It was bitter cold and I remember the power was out the day she was born.
and we had snow to say the least.

No snow this year for her birthday and all Ky wanted was to play in the damn snow.

Oh well, what can we do. We had our cake and Ice cream and she had her presents. Everyone was happy and made the best of it.
Then it snowed the next morning....go figure!!!

It's funny how the 2 of them have grown so much. You're right they are not babies anymore. They are little girls. I see a huge difference just from last year!!!